Dizzy and Balance / Vertigo CenterIf you experience dizziness, vertigo, lightheadedness and loss of balance, then you need to see us!
If You Have these Symptoms you might want to consider our Dizzy & Balance / Vertigo Center.
Symptoms of pressure or fullness in the ear, blurred vision with movement and balance problems combined with unsteadiness indicate the need for an evaluation from our physical therapists, who specialize in vestibular rehabilitation.
Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT)
Is a specialized form of physical therapy for treatment of dizziness, vertigo, and imbalance. Clinical research demonstrated that vestibular rehab provided by a specially trained physical therapist can:
- Improve balance and postural control
- Significantly reduce the risk of falls
- Increase independence with activities of daily living
- Eliminate symptoms of vertigo and dizziness
- Some disorders such as BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) are effectively treated in 2-3 visits.
An examination comprised of different measures and tests will be conducted to assess the effect it has on your sense of balance:
- Balance Testing in sitting and standing
- Assessment of orthopedic, neurological and cardiopulmonary system
- Dynamic Visual Acuity test
- Occulomotor exam
- Sensory Examination
- Functional Outcome Measures: Romberg, Dynamic Gait Index, Tinetti
- Video Frenzel Goggles to assess possible positional vertigo (BPPV)